Login
Return to home


EDG News Free news and advice for design professionals



Follow EditorEDG on Twitter

Search design notes:
CAS 52

Office Building Retrofit at 55 St Andrews Place, Melbourne – Turning a Sparrow into a Peacock

Roger Kluske and David Clark

This article describes the upgrade of an existing government building, 55 St Andrews Place in Melbourne’s Treasury Reserve, utilising an unconventional design process and with a strong emphasis on integrated design from the outset.

The aim of the project was to transform a poorly performing building, from both an energy efficiency and indoor environment quality perspective, into a building that meets current best practice for greener office spaces.
The building is owned and occupied by the Victorian Government.

Two of the buildings, 1 Treasury Place and 1 Macarthur Street, commenced construction from 1963, while 3-5 Macarthur Street (later renamed 55 St Andrews Place) was constructed as a four storey building in 1967.

Click here to go to paper

 



Copyright | Disclaimer | ISSN: 1442-5017